Help your students build their career plans by becoming a GROW.HERE. partner.
Connect students with employers and career learning opportunities through Inspire – a web-based tool, accessed through Career Cruising, for educators to engage students in thinking about their careers, find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom and increase students’ career readiness. GROW.HERE. Education Partners can be educational institutions or community organizations who serve youth ages 11-24 by providing career-based learning experiences (CBLEs) with local employers. Many GROW.HERE. Education Partners use Inspire Southeast Wisconsin as a tool to connect staff and students to local businesses, partners. However, partners are not REQUIRED to utilize Inspire to participate in GROW.HERE. – our main goal is for students and employers to connect through quality CBLEs.
How does the program work?
Inspire Southeast Wisconsin is a web-based tool, accessed through Career Cruising, for educators to engage students in thinking about their careers, find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom and increase students’ career readiness.
The Inspire SE WI addition to the Career Cruising system provides a customized information-sharing and resource-gathering environment where students can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other career-based learning experiences, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can educators participate?
In order to add Inspire, your school must meet the following requirements:
- Have support from district and building level administrators.
- Currently hold a Career Cruising license for your school or district.
- Agree to invite your current business partners to utilize Inspire Southeast Wisconsin as the way to engage with and provide career-based learning experiences for your students. Eventually migrate all CBLE activity to Inspire.
- Appoint a Lead Contact and at least one Inspire Coordinator for each school/building.
- Assemble a planning team to create, support and monitor an Implementation Plan that aligns with ACP and CTE for your district – allow for adequate staff time and training for a successful implementation.
- Willing and able to share metrics on career-based learning experiences for your district/school.
If you or your school are interested in participating in Inspire and meet the above requirements, please fill out our intake form and contact us or reference our Educator FAQs for more information. For further details, view our Innovation Configuration Map to see components that must be at a pilot level before turning on Inspire.
What Support is available?
- GROW.HERE. Orientation Meeting
- Speakers who will conduct a GROW.HERE. presentation and Inspire demonstration at meetings with your business partners
- Web-based Training: Train the Trainer and Coordinator Training
- Basic online technical assistance via inspiresoutheastwisconsin.com
- Monitoring and maintenance of the student portal
In addition, CESA #1 offers fee-based services that will support a successful implementation of Inspire in your district. A customized package can be tailored to the specific needs of your district.
Please refer to our GH Educator Onboarding Process for additional support.